ACA Insurance Agent Success Center
GROW AND IMPROVE YOUR ACA INSURANCE BUSINESS
+ STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH TRENDS AND BEST PRACTICES
Part 1: Unlike selling ice cream, objections are part of selling insurance. To be prepared for these and many other common responses, understand the keys to successfully overcoming objections.
It can be challenging to keep up with health policy, who can help, and how program eligibility requirements are changing. Here’s some things to consider for client that have recently lost a job and need to make a decision about health insurance.
If you are considering a new career as a health insurance sales professional, one of the early decisions you need to make is how you want to work. Do you want to be an independent agent or a captive agent employed by a bank, insurance agency, or large insurance carrier?
With a double-digit rise in premiums expected for 2023, here’s how you can guide clients through understanding why ACA plan costs are increasing.
Insurance technology is changing rapidly, impacting the nature of insurance sales and renewals. We discuss the implications for both agents and insurance customers.
You can help your community in virtually endless ways, while also promoting your business and enhancing your agency’s reputation.
You provide value to your clients through your knowledge, skills, and experience. A major part of your branding as a health insurance broker is marketing the additional value you offer.
If your clients are retired and need health coverage, you can use Inshura to quote and enroll them in an ACA health insurance plan. Retired clients may qualify for a private plan with premium tax credits and lower out-of-pocket costs.
Whether you’re a new agent or you’ve been selling insurance for years, marketing is important for your insurance brand. Inside are some great ideas to get you started.
The unemployed may now be able to get an affordable health insurance plan through the Marketplace, with savings based on income and household size. Free or low-cost coverage is available through Medicaid or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) states that insurers must utilize a minimum of 80 percent of their income on healthcare claims, with the remaining less than 20 percent utilized for administration, marketing, and of course, profits. This Medical Loss Ratio (MLR) provision of the ACA requires that any excess profits are rebated to their insured. The MLR percentage adjusts further to a minimum of 85 percent for large group insurers.
Selling insurance is hard work, and you don’t make an overnight success of yourself without working in the trenches at first to get there. Plus, selling insurance is different than selling any other product; you are selling yourself as their agent.
Due to the Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide in 2015, same-sex married couples qualify for the same benefits under the Affordable Care Act (ACA) as heterosexual couples in all 50 states. But despite that fact, many same-sex partners remain uninsured.
The term “Long COVID” has been frequently spoken about in the news media as of late. If you still feel like you are recovering from lingering symptoms from a prolonged past COVID-19 infection, your symptoms may be due to a case of Long or Post COVID-19.
An estimated one out of five U.S. adults experience a mental health issue every year. However, many of those afflicted do not seek help for their problems due to a litany of reasons, such as the stigma associated with mental health or cost.
While the 2022 Open Enrollment window for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) ended at the beginning of the year, don’t fret if you have customers that haven’t gotten cheap health insurance coverage! We are currently in the Special Enrollment Period (SEP), which allows certain triggering events to qualify them to apply for affordable health insurance now.
Under the current administration, benefits of the Affordable Care Act were temporarily expanded under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) under the reasoning of the COVID-19 pandemic. President Biden attempted to make these expanded benefits permanent with his Build Back Better Bill, but that has stalled in Congress.
With the Affordable Care Act, all ACA-compliant health insurance plans (aka Obamacare or ACA plans) must include Essential Health Benefits (EHBs). Explore the 10 EHB services that these plans must cover.